We are Leaf.
Leaf is on a mission to upend the way companies buy and sell transportation. Every year, billions of dollars, hundreds of megatons of carbon and millions of person-hours are wasted because the companies who ship goods and the companies who carry them aren’t upfront about their needs and abilities. Our platform finds ways for buyers and sellers to contract binding commitments for plannable and predictable freight and allows those contracts to be traded when needs change. In time, Leaf will become the hub through which the trillion-dollar American freight market is managed.
We are a team of experienced, smart, and mildly disagreeable troublemakers who like taking on unreasonably big challenges; we know how to build things, we’ve lived what’s broken in this industry, and we’re looking for bright, ambitious people to help us drag the transportation world kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
What does the Front End Engineer do?.
As a Front End Engineer, you will work closely together with designers and other engineers to advance the development of our modern web platform and deliver exciting new experiences to our customers. You will contribute to the overall design and usability of the platform, and rigorously leverage data collected e.g. through user analytics and A/B testing to transform complex processes and rich data into insightful yet attractive and concise user experiences. The role will challenge you to work in a highly agile environment and address strategic and implementational topics. Experience with back end development, esp. with Java, will be beneficial.
- Partner with the design and product management team to innovate and develop new design and interaction concepts
- Translate mock-ups and interpret style guides to create cohesive interfaces with modular code
- Develop rich, flexible front end components to enable engineers to easily and quickly build client-side code
- Design and implement A/B tests to improve UX decision making
- Share and document knowledge and best practices for front end development in React
- Mentor and support other team members through code reviews and continuous feedback
- Take initiative to research, troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues as they arise
- Be a flexible team player, stepping into a variety of roles, as needed
- 4+ years of experience building modern, elegant web apps using React/Redux
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behaviour
- Passionate about user experience
- Experience with test frameworks (e.g. jest, Enzyme)
- Understanding of RESTful services and service oriented architecture
- Experience developing back end service (preferably in Java)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Preferred: Prior experience in designing and developing data-rich front ends for financial systems (e.g. trading, risk, or compliance systems) and/or for logistics systems
- Preferred: Knowledge in other front end frameworks such as Angular, Knockout, Ember, etc.
- Preferred: Knowledge in cloud technologies/infrastructure (esp. AWS)
- Strong analytical, project leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast paced, startup environment
- Unbelievably positive attitude, sense of humor and/or thick skin
- Consummate team player, able to wear multiple hats, and assist team members when needed
Leaf offers a very comprehensive compensation package including competitive base salary, variable compensation and health benefits.
Leaf Logistics is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!